Clario started selling workflow solutions to radiology practices in 2008. In the years that followed, we listened to customers as they gave us insight into how to build the best workflow product on the market. Interestingly, they also shared their frustration with the other applications they used. Far and away the most complaints were directed at their voice recognition systems. VR was, and largely still is, based upon old technology, costs too much, does not integrate well, is complicated to use, and is hard to maintain.
At the same time, voice was undergoing a kind of renaissance in the consumer space. Siri had debuted on the iPhone in 2011. Alexa was introduced by Amazon in 2014, and around the same time, the W3C announced that audio streaming would become integrated into web browsers through enhancements to HTML 5. Clario realized that the ability to get audio to the cloud without installing anything on the desktop would be a game changer for Radiology practices.
Cloud VR services began to pop up right away. Nuance announced that their 360 SpeechAnywhere Services would support HTML5 in April of 2015. It was at this point, that Clario decided to invest in development of a voice recognition solution of our own, adding our own vision to it, making it seamlessly integrate with the worklist.
Here is the vision for our product:
- - Make structured reporting work for the radiologist
- - Increase the radiologist’s mastery over their work
- - Try, try, try... to get the clinical information that matters to the Radiologist (not just a data dump)
- - Dramatically reduce installation cost, and per report cost
- - Eliminate on prem server costs and eliminate any need for client installation
- - Enable better support from administrative personnel
- - Encourage collaboration with radiologist colleagues
- - Empower radiologists to focus on what is clinically important
- - Enable better communication and human connection with referring physicians
- - Make the system easy to maintain, so clinical people, not administrators, can own the templates
These are ambitious goals, but we believe we are on the right track. Our early adopters are excited and can see the vision becoming a reality. We are in the market and hope you can join us on this exciting journey.